|"sunny side up"|
|'sunny side up'|
We are currently seeking executive producers and financing ($2.5m) for our second feature film. If you cannot contribute financially, please help spread the word and track our progress.
The film’s theme is suicide, and the aim is to make a mix between a modern It’s a Wonderful Life and Blue Valentine. It’s about a man we all love and admire fall from grace to rock bottom and his struggle to keep going. The goal of the movie is to save lives of individuals who are contemplating suicide as well as shed light on the taboo and misunderstood issue.
Our new movie is currently titled “Sunny Side Up” (formerly "When It's Cold"). To read the script, request our investment offering/additional materials, or discuss further, please contact Kenton@KentonBartlett.com or 205-862-2559.
*Investor note: Sunny Side Up has been grandfathered into the IRS tax credit for film productions, Section 181 (http://besttaxbreak.net/).
· Become a part of something special. We want you to feel included in our successes and hardships. Filmmaking is an interesting roller coaster, but we need your help to continue the ride.
· Your money will be put to good use. Get involved, and watch how your specific contribution helps propel us forward.
· Still not convinced? Kevin Spacey gives a great talk here about contributing to the arts:
· Our goal for Sunny Side Up is to make a film that looks like a $10 million picture. As serious dramas rarely return huge box office numbers, we can only risk the responsibility of returning a $2.5 mil investment.
· To supplement the core budget, we welcome donations. Regardless the contribution size, donations will be invaluable to the success of the project. This is an important film and a vital topic. The larger the budget, the better the film. Our movie will save lives, but we cannot do it without your help.
· WHY DONATE? Even though it may seem that $1, $15, or $100 hardly scratches the surface of a $2.5 million movie, that is a mistake. This is a marathon project made by a group of hardworking starving artists. Modest donations will help temper the costs of gas, food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses that will arise over the course of the next three years.
· REWARDS ·
· Note: As PayPal charges a convenience fee for their services, large donations (> $500) should be handled outside of PayPal. If you would like to arrange a donation larger than $500, please contact Kenton@KentonBartlett.com or 205-825-2559. Alternatively, you can mail a check payable to "Kenton Bartlett" to "2328 Country Ridge Dr. Birmingham, AL 35243"
· SUBSTANTIAL DONATIONS: If you are considering donating in a major way to the film, please contact Kenton@KentonBartlett.com or 205-862-2559. Donating a large percentage of the budget can warrant an "Executive Producer" title. We would like to include you in the process of making this film. Become a filmanthropist today.
· Donations are not tax-deductible (unless they qualify as an investment via Section 181).
|Additional positions needed:|
·Locations – (location managers, location scouts)
·Sound department – (production sound, creative sound design)
·Crew – (all positions)
·Camera – (operator, focus puller)
·Make-up (additional positions needed)
·Music Supervisors (creative, not legal)
·Position inquiries: Positions@KentonBartlett.com (please put “POSITIONS” as the subject)
·Acting inquiries: Acting@KentonBartlett.com (please put “ACTING” as the subject). You will be added to our e-mail list and informed when the audition process nears.
*****Note: Contraction Entertainment is a group of filmmakers whose priority is making powerful movies. Not money, fame, or ego. We work hard, and the only payment we hope to receive is positive feedback from our work.*****